Skip to main content

Jay "Bugoy" Bugayan: Deserving PDA Season 2 Grand Star Dreamer

I always watch reality shows here in the Philippines but I am not fond of spending some money to vote for them. However, for the Season 2 of Pinoy Dream Academy, I will surely cut a small amount from my daily budget just to vote for Bugoy.

Jay Bugayan aka bugoy came from an impoverished family in Camarines Sur. One of Bugoy's dream is to earn a college degree so he payed his tuition through scholarships and earned his pocket money working as janitor, dish washer and other odd jobs. As a farmer's son, he also worked in the farm and sing songs with the cows and birds as his audience. He never took his talent seriously for until one of his friend discovered his singing talent accidentally. His friend heard him singing while cleaning with a mop. Soon, he joined school competitions that led him to try out for PDA. He said that he never auditioned just for himself but it was also for his family and for all the common people who had "small dreams" in life.

At first, I don't like Bugoy. He was funny for me. He was good as a recording artist...not as a performer. But as I watched the show every day, my perspective about Bugoy changed. I want him to win in this one big fight. For me, he deserves to win. Here are my reasons:

  • He's not perfect but with a small polishing especially in his diction he will be among the top performers in the Philippine industry.
  • He had a pure heart, I can see it in his actions.
  • Some say that helping Bugoy is just an act of charity. Yes, if he'll win he'll be a millionaire but we can't deny the fact that he got talent.
  • Bugoy is humble.
Again, let's support Bugoy.

By posting these banners from PDA Forum in your blogs, sites, etc:




By Voting through text votes:
PDA BUGOY
send it to:
2331 for Globe, Touch Mobile and Sun Subscribers
231 for Smart and Talk n Text Subscribers


By voting online

Hurry! Vote now...the Grand Dream Night will be this coming Sunday.

Comments

Maus said…
hehehe parehas lay out natin kabayan!!!!
padaan dito ha.

Popular posts from this blog

Reminiscing: Ballad of a Mother's Heart

Two weeks ago, I happened to be with the "golden ladies". They were called golden ladies because they're already in their golden age: 50-something. I thought I'll feel awkward because of the age gap but in the end I was wrong. When women at my age had some chit-chats probably it would be about friends, food, fashion, work or even boys (men). On the other hand, these golden ladies were very concerned with their children, grandchildren, and their in-laws (especially). They had some outbursts on how they don't like their in-laws and on how pitiful their children for having the wrong choice of husband/wife. That's when I remembered a poem during my gradeschool. This poem was written by Jose La Villa Tierra. It speaks on the love of parents for their children, how forgiving and how great the love of a mother is for her son/daughter although he/she has hurt her very much. Ballad of a Mother's Heart The night was dark, For the moon was young, And the Stars were a

Oh What A Rain!

I visited the PAG-ASA site today and according to them: Central and Southern Luzon and Visayas will experience monsoon rains. The rest of the country will have mostly cloudy skies with scattered rainshowers and thunderstorms. Moderate to strong winds blowing from the southwest will prevail over Central and Southern Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao and the coastal waters along these areas will be moderate to rough. Elsewhere, winds will be light to moderate coming from the southwest and northwest with slight to moderate seas except during thunderstorms. The rain will probably be pouring down for the next few days. Thinking about waiting for the sunny days, I remembered a song I used to sing with my grade school classmates: If all the raindrops were lemon drops and gum drops Oh, what a rain that would be! I’d stand outside with my mouth open wide—– Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah Oh, what a rain that would be! There's a Tagalog ve

First Love DIES....

I was 15 , when I first saw the spark in him. I've known him since our freshmen days, but it was during that year when I felt something special for him. I would say he was definitely a hearthob. He stole the hearts of many girls but it took him 2 years to have mine. He was the kindest guy I’ve ever met. With those expressive eyes and warm smile, he simply took my breath away. But my young and restless heart knew that he could never be mine. He was just someone I can admire from a distance. Everytime I sign on my classmates' autographs, I marked his initials on the question, ‘who is your crush?’ I even used codenames just to keep my little secret. I wrote some forgotten poems at the back of my notebooks just to express the feelings I kept inside. But these never made me a good writer nor a poet. But a damsel with a story to tell. My classmates in high school, even in college already heard same old story. I was consistent and never hid that precious feeling. ‘I shall return!’ I