Skip to main content

Featuring....Twilight by Stephenie Meyer



I must admit, I love books and that makes me one of the certified bookworms in this world. I started to read novels when I was in 5th Grade and as I aged I can’t stop loving my favorite pastime.

Of all the stories/novels I have read, I chose to feature (in this post) the most recent book I borrowed from my officemate. This book was entitled “Twilight”. It is a young adult vampire novel authored by Stephenie Meyer that was originally published in 2005. It is the genesis of the four Twilight saga with New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn as the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th novels.
The story began when Isabella Swan, known as Bella, moves from sunny Phoenix, Arizona to rainy Forks, Washington to live with her father, Charlie, so that her mother, Renée, can travel with her new husband, Phil Dwyer, a minor league baseball player. Even though she never had many friends in Phoenix, Bella quickly discovers she is the new subject of curiosity at her new school in Forks where she is quickly befriended by several students.

When Bella sits next to Edward Cullen in Biology class on her first day of school, he displays extreme animosity towards her. This leads Bella to believe that he dislikes her. However, his attitude towards her soon begins to change. He displays supernatural abilities while saving Bella from being hit by an out-of-control van that is about to crush her into another car. Bella confronts him about the strangeness of the situation, but he refuses to talk about it. As time passes, Bella and Edward are repeatedly drawn to one another, even though Edward desperately tries to stay away in order to keep her out of the danger that he will likely put her in.

Bella eventually learns from her friend Jacob Black of the Quileute tribe and her own observations that Edward and his family are "vegetarian" vampires who drink animal blood rather than human blood. Despite of this, Edward and Bella fall deeply in love. Their foremost problem is Bella's "alluring scent", which makes it difficult for Edward to restrain himself from killing her. However, despite this and Bella's strange knack for constantly landing herself in dangerous situations, they manage to stay together safely for a time being.

The blissful state of affairs is thrown into chaos when another vampire coven sweeps into Forks and James, a tracker, sets his sights on Bella. Under the assumption that James has kidnapped her mother, Bella is lured to her former dance studio, where James attacks her. Edward, along with the rest of the Cullen family, rescues Bella before James can kill her.

Twilight is being adapted into a film by Summit Entertainment. The film is being directed by Catherine Hardwicke and stars Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson as Isabella Swan and Edward Cullen. It is set to be released on December 12, 2008.

Here’s some of the never-forgotten quotes from the story:

"When life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations its not reasonable to grief when it comes to an end."

"What if you sincerely believed something was true but you were dead wrong? What if you were so stubbornly sure that you were right that you wouldn't even consider the truth? Would the truth be silent or would it try to break through?"

"I'd never given much thought to how I would die--though I'd had reason enough in the last few months--but even if I had, I would not have imagined it like this."

"'And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,' he murmured. I looked away, hiding my eyes as I thrilled to the word.
'What a stupid lamb,' I sighed.
'What a sick, masochistic lion.'"
-- Edward and Bella

"If I could dream at all, it would be about you. And I'm not ashamed of it."
-- Edward

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reminiscing: Ballad of a Mother's Heart

Two weeks ago, I happened to be with the "golden ladies". They were called golden ladies because they're already in their golden age: 50-something. I thought I'll feel awkward because of the age gap but in the end I was wrong. When women at my age had some chit-chats probably it would be about friends, food, fashion, work or even boys (men). On the other hand, these golden ladies were very concerned with their children, grandchildren, and their in-laws (especially). They had some outbursts on how they don't like their in-laws and on how pitiful their children for having the wrong choice of husband/wife. That's when I remembered a poem during my gradeschool. This poem was written by Jose La Villa Tierra. It speaks on the love of parents for their children, how forgiving and how great the love of a mother is for her son/daughter although he/she has hurt her very much. Ballad of a Mother's Heart The night was dark, For the moon was young, And the Stars were a

Oh What A Rain!

I visited the PAG-ASA site today and according to them: Central and Southern Luzon and Visayas will experience monsoon rains. The rest of the country will have mostly cloudy skies with scattered rainshowers and thunderstorms. Moderate to strong winds blowing from the southwest will prevail over Central and Southern Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao and the coastal waters along these areas will be moderate to rough. Elsewhere, winds will be light to moderate coming from the southwest and northwest with slight to moderate seas except during thunderstorms. The rain will probably be pouring down for the next few days. Thinking about waiting for the sunny days, I remembered a song I used to sing with my grade school classmates: If all the raindrops were lemon drops and gum drops Oh, what a rain that would be! I’d stand outside with my mouth open wide—– Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah Oh, what a rain that would be! There's a Tagalog ve

His Fading Words...

I Hear You I can feel your spirit as my words you read Your heartbeat, your feelings, the need I hear you. So lucky I am to have you here Creating my everyday utopia when you're near Your kisses rest fresh upon my lips I feel your body's warmth under my fingertips Where will all this lead? I don't know. But, take my hand and we'll both go. I hear you. Not having to be someone else around you, you like who I AM, as much as I like you. I look at your eyes, even in dim light they're bright as sunrise. I watch as your lips begin to form words, Silently, you speak, but spoken words unheard. I hear you. I was checking on my friends in friendster when I happened to visit a profile of a friend I had during my highschool days. I was intrigued by the caption in one of her photos ("Rest in Peace, Brandon"). So I went on her blog ( Missing Brandon ) and found this poem written by her boyfriend before he passed away. I felt so sorry for her...She had been through many